Audiobooks

1/12/13

Last year when we started AO year 1, we used to listen to several of the books in audio. Our Island Story, The Viking Tales, Burgess Book of Birds, were some titles we used to play on the laptop. This school year we have only listened to Farmer Boy and Little House on the Prairie in audio format, and that was in the summer. It is strange, because I have given the oldest girl in year 2 the option of listening to Wind in the Willows, but she insists that I must read it, with all the ups and downs we have had.

My oldest girl loves to listen to Fifty Famous Stories Retold on her mp3 player, and I downloaded The Five Little Peppers and How They Grew, but when I tell her if she rather listen, she replies that she prefers me reading it.

I have told my dh to get us one of those devices that go into the tape slot in the truck to be able to listen through the vehicle speakers to either the nannu pad or mp3 player. We enjoy the books we had listened to in CD from the library when we go to our camping trips or church. Like Jeanne (well, Jeanne has 5 hours!), we have 30 minutes going and 30 coming back, and we go to services twice on Sunday, so it is 2 hours in the car. The only problem I have is that I cannot read in the car. I get very dizzy and throwy uppy.

Let's see if we can enjoy some audios this year too. I have these three lined up in the players waiting for that magical device:

Heidi (to see if listening to Kara Shallenberg, we can finish the second part of it we left).
Five Little Peppers and How They Grew
Stories from Shakespeare, by Lamb


2 comments:

Ellen, the Bluestocking Belle said...

We listened to Five Little Peppers on audio! It kept us entertained while we did basic chores like folding the laundry. We also listened to OIS and 50 Famous Stories Retold. I love audiobooks for the car!

Silvia said...

I am glad you tell me this. I had the audio books a bit forgotten and ignored, but that is going to change.

Blogging for Books

I review for BookSneeze® I review for BookSneeze®I Review For The Tyndale Blog Network

Amazon

Followers

Kindle

My thoughts and tips about the Kindle

Connections

Copyrights

Site Meter Creative Commons License eXTReMe Tracker Designed by Silvia Cachia @2012

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP