Share the Bounty

One would think that cooking books in print are obsolete, with Google, the blogs, and the e-readers that can pull out thousands of recipes in a blink. And I do use those resources all the time when I need something very specific. But I was in for a surprise when I got Share the Bounty in the mail.

When I saw this book offered at BOOKSNEEZE, that heirloom tomato soup and the green herbs at the back caught my attention, and as I read the title and what it was all about, the more drawn to the book I became.

Then I got it, and it was much more than what I expected. It is that type of book you can look at any rainy or sunny day, warm or cold, and either enjoy just looking at the pictures, or find that inspiration for a more exotic to you meal, or be reminded of a dish you love and have not prepared in a while. The recipes vary from the very easy to more elaborated, but all of them look very doable as long as you can have the ingredients, which in most cases are not that difficult to find, at least we in Houston have a very broad variety of foods from many different cuisines. The text will be food for your intellect as well. This will be a wonderful present for a newly wed couple, or for any couple, it is that pretty.

The warmth of the images and the encouraging quotes give the food a beautiful and poetic context. It truly inspires the reader to share the bounty.  I never realized how much more we need to surround ourselves with poetry, beauty, inspiration, these days. This book will accomplish that.

Most of the recipes are foods we already love and cook, but each of them has a small twist that makes it so gorgeous. I will host in two weeks a Bible study for the ladies at my home, and my only problem is that I do not know which of the many appetizers offered in the book I should choose. Expect a second post with my final decision and pictures.

I review for BookSneeze®Disclosure: I received this book free from the publisher through the BookSneeze®.com book review bloggers program in exchange for an honest review. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255.


1 opinion(s):

Ellen, the Bluestocking Belle said...

Ooooh! Sounds lovely! I collect cookbooks; I love to read them. This sounds like something I should check into!

 

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Amazon Affiliates

Search Engine

Search/Labels