You're Stronger Than You Think


Review for
Tyndale
You're Stronger Than You Think is a self help book. I enjoy a self help book from time to time, and when I saw this title at the Tyndale's book titles for bloggers, I decided to give it a try.

I have enjoyed the narrative of the book very much. The margins have plenty nice quotes, and the author, Dr. Les Parrott, intermingles stories from the life of different personages, some popular, some unknown. His analysis of what it is needed for each of us to life a full life, happy, bold, and meaningful, is simple but well founded and presented.

I have identified with several scenarios studied in the book, some of the aspects of my life I need to work on, others have been acknowledged as going well, and I agree with Parrott's explanation of why it is the case. His teachings go hand in hand with having a true and rich relationship with God through prayer and they imply a spiritual side that has to be nurtured.

The book inspires to to act upon the knowledge the book presents. One of my favorite quotes was Kahlil Gibran when he said that "A little knowledge that acts, is worth infinitely more than much knowledge that is idle."

And of course, I had to tie this to Charlotte Mason thought about setting an idea in motion. Once we understand the importance and benefits of something, it moves us to do it, and to achieve that which we envision, understand, and desire.

1 opinion(s):

Ellen, the Bluestocking Belle said...

Sounds like a worthwhile book to read, Silvia. Thanks for the review!

 

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Amazon Affiliates

Search Engine

Search/Labels