The Love & Respect Experience.

The Love & Respect Experience, by Emerson Eggerichs, is the third book I got from BookSneeze and one that I'm benefiting from along with my husband. The Love and Respect Experience is a devotional for couples that, as the book description says, has men in mind and wives really like. It has 52 chapters, that you can read every week, more or less often, according to your preference.

The author really understands men and women's make up, and the dynamics of marriage. His simple yet rich devotionals will help you put your marriage in a godly perspective and to grow on both, respect and love.

We are enjoying and benefiting from this book, I highly recommend it.

Disclosure: I received this book free from the publisher through the BookSneeze book review bloggers program. I did offer my honest opinion, as they requested. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255.



7 opinion(s):

Pam... said...

Looks good Silvia. Glad to hear from you. I, on the other hand am beginning an internet fast. So...I'll meet back up with ya soon!

Grace'n'Chaos said...

Sounds very interesting...I have to admit I rather enjoy the title. I've always thought that a good marriage requires a few things; love and respect are very high on my list. : )

Jeanne said...

Sounds interesting. I like the idea of a weekly devotional.

Silvia said...

Pam, I'm very low key these days. I am also in an Internet diet, if not fast, LOL. It is a phase.

Jenny, the book says that we women want or crave our husbands love, they need our respect. The final goal it is to love your wife or respect your husband unconditionally, and the book helps you in the process tremendously.

Jeanne, it is nice. Short chapters, no tricks on our side such as... "oh, we have to pray together, or I am going to get my husband into a weekly time to discuss the book and tell him those things I want him to change, or talk about our marriage". It is a study that will help your marriage but it will do it husband and wife friendly, while most devotionals are a bit female thought bias as the authors hint, or that's how we may feel inclined to use them. These people do seminars, have seen and helped many couples, and definitely know how to talk with simplistic things but cleverly put together.

Ellen said...

Silvia, this book sounds like a very worthwhile read! Thanks for the review.

Blessings, friend!
Ellen

Kim said...

That's neat that you're part of the BookSneeze reviewer group! I am too but haven't much time to do reviews. I saw the Love and Respect book and thought it would be a good one too. Good to see you and the girls today! We need to try to plan a park day with Heather sometime soon :)

Silvia said...

I'm glad you are also in this reviewer group. Actually I haven't gotten anything else because I don't have much time right now either.

Yes, we need to plan a park day with Heather soon. Last week we were ready, but due to problems with little girl, we all had to miss it... she got the point though. It was very disappointing for big girl and myself, but those are things we ought to do for them now so that they don't suffer harder consequences when they are older, LOL.

 

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Amazon Affiliates

Search Engine

Search/Labels