A Nest for Celeste


A Nest for Celeste: A Story About Art, Inspiration, and the Meaning of Home
I read about A Nest for Celeste at Nancy's blog, and yesterday I got it in the mail, a present from Pam. Thank you, Pam. We started reading it and we like it tremendously. The illustrations are so enticing and delicate, the story pulls you from the beginning. Jenny from Grace in Loving Chaos read it not long ago and felt very inspired.


It's truly a blessing to see your child LOVING school. Yes, there are things my oldest girl likes less, no doubt, but to hear her singing Count Your Blessings when she wakes up while she prepares her breakfast cereal, or saying after reading one chapter of Little House in the Big Woods: 'mom, after you read this once, you have to read the book all the time until I say I'm bored of it, will you?'
And later to hear her say, I want to hear a LIBRIVOX RECORDING, the way the narrator of Our Island Story says it... or when she is all excited about reading Harriette's Primer books. Not to mention she says Benjamin Franklin by the D'Aulaires is her ultimate favorite. Life is good, and math and handwriting more bearable thanks to Miss Mason.




8 opinion(s):

...they call me mommy... said...

I've been SO pleasantly surprised about my dear son Noah's (6) enjoyment and excitement over these first two days of learning...it has been such a blessing! I can see how much he LOVES the stories and can't imagine plopping him down in front of a textbook...he would HATE it! THANK YOU, MISS MASON, INDEED! :)

Can't wait to check out these books you mentioned!!

Grace'n'Chaos said...

I'm so glad to hear life is good as it should be... and that you got a copy of the book. : D

I let my sister borrow it to read aloud to her four year old. She is close to finishing it with my niece, a lot faster than we did too, I think read alouds are quicker with one than six, ; D
My kids keep asking what's your favorite part and did you like this... It's fun to see them engaged like that! ENJOY!

Silvia said...

Yeah for Amy and Noah! And cheers to many days of loving school.

And Jenny... but how lovely your oldest daughter read the book to her siblings. And CM'ers usually have many books going on at once and are used to slow churn when reading :)) The important thing is that this title is a great one that many children are enjoying.

gotjoy3 said...

Silvia,

I just wanted to pop in and say hello and that I am thinking of you today. Blessings.

Glory Bea said...

Silvia, your share such interesting books and insights -- thank you.

I just want to let you know I've added your site to my blog list at http://learningjourneyjournal.blogspot.com

Blessings,
Glory

Kim said...

What a sweet book (A Nest for Celeste!) I was looking for a new book to start with the kids now that we're close to finishing The House at Pooh Corner. So glad all is going well with your girls! :)

Silvia said...

Kim you'll love it. If you can wait I could let you borrow once we are finished. Another one I have that Brandy told me is nice for four year olds and up, it's Stories from Grandma's Attic, I have perused it and love it.
I also have Harry's Mad, Mad is for Madison, Harry's parrot that talks and gets stolen. If you'd like, I can pick a few you may like, and take them with me for you to pick when we see you again.

Love,

Silvia said...

Thank you Glory Bea for sharing your blog, it's a nice place to visit for me now.

I'm truly glad to see many being benefited by Charlotte Mason and with their own ideas and nice doings too.

 

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Amazon Affiliates

Search Engine

Search/Labels