Relapse

Dear friends, I told you my husband was doing better, and he was last week, but this weekend he has had a relapse and he is very demoralized. He has physical symptoms but not physical apparent cause, not even a diagnose. Acupuncturist and the alternative doctor help, but with his anxiety about having been suffering this for long, and with his long term health, not really with his particular symptoms. The fact he even hasn't been diagnosed is driving him and now me crazy. I thought once he was told he had nothing serious, his mind will slowly be at ease, and since his constant bother/low pain was diminishing, I thought we were in the last days of this condition. Now it looks more than he is confronted with a chronic condition as we thought initially, that we don't know how to tackle. Hopefully more (to the innumerable doctor visits) doctors and specially PRAYER will be of help.

I don't know what this week has in store for us. We can only take this one day at a time. All we can do is pray and go on. I don't know if I'll be coming here often or not, right now I don't feel like it but I may later. I simply don't know. I just wanted to let you know that it's not I'm not caring or I forgot about you.




13 opinion(s):

dawn said...

Silvia,I'll be praying for you, your husband, and a good diagnosis.

Blossom said...

Will be praying for your husband and your family during this tough time. Also will pray for wisdom for the doctors to diagnose and treat what is the problem. God will take care of you. He will hold your husband close to him.

...they call me mommy... said...

Silvia...we understand...blogging is WAY low on my list of priorities actually. If life is busy, I let it slide! (((HUGS)))

Prayed for your husband and also for you!!!

Marvan said...

I'm so sorry to read this. I was so happy today to read that your husband was better before I had found out that he was ill. I truly hope they will find a diagnosis soon or that you soon find the rest back in your home.
Forget about us for a while and just think about your husband and your family.
Big huggs and you will be in our thoughts!!!

Grace'n'Chaos said...

Oh, dear Silvia. Continuing to pray for your husband, you and girls. Tend to all your needs, I know I'll look forward to seeing another post when you're ready. Your friend, Jenny.

Ellen said...

Oh, Silvia, I will be praying, dear friend.

Jeanne said...

Oh Silvia, so sorry to hear you sounding so low and demoralised. I'll be praying for both you and your dear husband today.

Hugs to you, my dear friend.

Michelle said...

OH Silvia! I'm so sorry to hear of your trials! You're in my thoughts.

Charlotte Mason in the City said...

Your family remains in my thoughts and prayers, absolutely.

Brandy @ Afterthoughts said...

Silvia, I am sorry but I seem to have missed the first post about this. Can you point me to it? I'm wondering about his symptoms. I might have some ideas for you if I can know what they are.

Love, Brandy

Silvia said...

Brandy, how nice of you, this is what I wrote initially
http://educandoenelhogar.blogspot.com/2011/08/wake-up-call.html

Long story short, yesterday we saw the urologist. He has prostatitis, but it is improving much. He has had days this past week of no bother, and some days it's a minor bother, from 0 to 10 he is in 0.5. But as his primary doctor advised him to have a colonoscopy done, just in case, he was clear from it, but the next day he had pain on his right leg. Four years ago he had thrombosis, bad case because the doctor let it be for four weeks before he was sent to the ER. His thrombosis was caused by back pain, so a year after, 3 years ago, he had successful back surgery and the doctor got him out of the thinners or coumidin. Forward four years after his clot, and he was sent to have an ultrasound in case, and they found he has no new clots, but the old one is lodged, which is good, but you can only imagine his anxiety levels, and he started with a few panic attacks too. We got the linden method, a program for the anxiety, and it seems to be working, but he has had physical pain for so long, that he started with insomnia and with the anxiety.
I believe he will conquer this anxiety in a few more months, and we know now what NOT TO DO. He always saves his vacation days, and for 3 years we have not had a break, we are without any days just for us, a few hours even, and that's all going to change.
Around us there has been death and illness, and many loosing jobs around him, and he has had this for the first time in his life, but you know, it's been a great wake up call, we are taking life much differently.
I'm looking forward to what you have to tell us, because you are kind, intelligent, and I know you've had your share in life but also a great story to tell. I've read your posts about your husband, and I'm eager to hear more about what you want to share and help us with.
Thanks, Brandy, I am very blessed for having ALL OF YOU. It's an immense help, truly.

Silvia said...

Ah, he is taking coumidin again for a few months, and nothing else, just a sleeping pill some nights to help with resting, some he can sleep by himself.

Brandy @ Afterthoughts said...

I don't have time to read the other post until this afternoon, but after reading what you just wrote, I would consider a supplement called ProArgi9. I personally have seen it do amazing things when it comes to blood issues and circulation issues like this. I have seen people come off of cumidin and blood pressure meds, etc. And I've read some of the research it is based on, and it is good, hard science.

The only thing you have to be careful of is how it is sold. Our alternative practitioner began selling it because she read the research, and she only sells it to patients that NEED it. BUT it is sold by one of those multi-level-marketing companies that try and get you to become part of the business, who think their product is for EVERYONE, and can be...well...very ANNOYING. :) So if you buy it from a person like that, I'd be clear you want the supplement (it is a powder you mix into water and tastes fine--I took it to help my vericose veins after my last pregnancy for three months or so...there was no research on THAT, but I extrapoloated that it might help and I was right and three months was enough, but enough about me) and nothing else. Tell them not to bother you. :)

I will read the rest and maybe G+ you later if I have more ideas for you.

 

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Amazon Affiliates

Search Engine

Search/Labels