Composer and Artist Study

I am working at a new page at my resources blog entitled COMPOSER AND ARTIST STUDY.
Today we started with the first print for this quarter, it is the second picture in the page by Bartolomé Esteban Murillo instead of Caravaggio. I am learning more about him. I knew some about him from my young years, but revisiting and discovering new composers and artists is one of my favorite parts of my education :)).


To be the first time we did art study the CM way, I am very happy with how it went. I told the girls to close their eyes, set up the timer to three minutes, they opened their eyes and were nicely studying the printed painting... NOT REALLY, they were fighting over the print for a while. But when they stopped, and were finally looking at the print, I asked them what they saw, and I enjoyed listening to the details and their narration of the painting.

It is entitled The Little Fruit Seller, LITTLE BEAN told me they were girls with money and fruit., and BLUE HEART told me one of the girls was wearing an apron, that they had fruit and coins, and after, looking at it together, they noticed the small pouch where she keeps the money... It was so much fun for ME!

I know CM said to print the paintings in a rather big size, and with good quality. I just printed it in a normal printer paper, with normal quality. I know 4x6 prints are not very big, but I am pondering after the end of the quarter to order the prints studied from WINKFLASH, they are CHEAP in price but not quality, they are decent. It is cheaper than Wallgreens, Walmart, etc, and they come home to you in a few days. We also listened to the Vivaldi play list you can access in the resources website as well.

And just the second day of listening to Vivaldi, my little one is humming the tune of the Spring movement.



3 opinion(s):

Sarah said...

Looks interesting! I'm yet to put together our composer and artist study together. xxx

Ellen said...

We love Vivaldi around here! I love it when we're listening to the radio and one of my girls will say, "That sounds like Vivaldi."

Ellen said...

We love Vivaldi around here! I love it when we're listening to the radio and one of my girls will say, "That sounds like Vivaldi."

 

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Amazon Affiliates

Search Engine

Search/Labels