A picture walk

A picture walk into our days

Exploring with geoboards
Reading poetry and laughing
 What fun   to be
 
A Hippo   -potamus

  And weigh   a ton
From top   to bottamus.

 Michael Flanders
(This is my youngest favorite)



Enjoying Remy Charlip and 
our favorite book from him...
Mom knew this one from her
Elementary teacher days, and
it has been a hit with us too.
Fine one too...as well as the
different one entitled THIRTEEN

Playing and conversing in the rain
With our co-op making
home made
ice cream
Our kitchen window attracts lots of insects.
Exploring tangrams, and fascinated
with sea shells and "caracolas"
Our friend Heather said
this is an assassin bug
Drawing after a nature walk
with our co-op group

Following directions and making
these animals by myself
Reading more poetry, a compilation
by Caroline Kennedy
My dad bought me bulbs for my garden.
I planted half of them with my sister
Working on the Old Testament Books
Sewing hearts with yarn
Sometimes I like to fill a page with writing,
I copied the first Psalm.



7 opinion(s):

Nancy said...

Sweet.Rich. Meaningful.
Godspeed,
Nancy

Ellen said...

Oh, simply lovely. I especially liked the hairdos for the co-op ice cream making event! I have some geoboards, too, that we've never used. I'm going to dig them out of storage this week. Thanks, friend!

No Ordinary Me said...

What some wonderul learning and fun going on. My kids love rain play!!!

Silvia said...

Thanks for stopping by Nancy. I'm loving your co op and your posts these days.

Ellen, the hair was unusual, they are mostly with their hair as it is. And yes, bring those tangrams out, they are fun and good to compare areas, to explore symmetry, to play with the always forgotten geometry. (I saw your pic at the bloggers get together, I WANT YOUR HAIR).

No ordinary me: oh, yes, it's so much fun to be in the rain when it's not too cold.

Amy in Peru said...

looks busy! :)

hey, I'd love to read what you have to say... send me that mail. I've always got to KEEP thinking! :)

amy in peru

Silvia said...

Yes Amy, busy but not in the sense of 'busy work', it's all a collection of meaningful and not rushed moments in our life.

I'm looking forward to yours and Nancy's replies to my questions and I'll make them known to each other and if I get your permission I may share some of your wisdom publicly with the proper 'netiquette' as they call it.

Amy in Peru said...

looks busy! :)

hey, I'd love to read what you have to say... send me that mail. I've always got to KEEP thinking! :)

amy in peru

 

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Amazon Affiliates

Search Engine

Search/Labels