Planning and Organizing

This picture of boxes is not exactly the boxes system that some use. It's just five boxes on top of the shelves where they have their toys and some puzzles in our multipurpose room. Since I'm going to have a week with each day destined to these:

Monday library, Tuesday nature walks, Wednesday literature and poetry, Thursday games, and Friday cooking, art, or project, I thought I'd use these baskets for each day to put some things in them as library books we have to return, our cards, their nature journals or things we bring from our walks, maybe some games or manipulatives for Thursday, write a note for them to read about what we'll be cooking that Friday, for our poetry books in the Wednesday basket.
We sleep upstairs, and when we wake up, before we go downstairs I plan to ask them to look at the basket and see what the day will unfold for us. This is a flexible schedule, days may vary and WILL vary, I know that. It's just a visual way of having our weekly goals and activities and easy for me to add something every night that will help us set the pace for next day. I'll let you know how this works.
This is the Ambleside year 0.5 (Kindergarten) list of books at Amazon that I'm following for our history, literacy, additional readings, science, etc. Many are free for the Kindle, or Kindle PC. Some are public domain books, free to read or print.

This document below is the planner I'll use. I like empty boxes to write what we've been doing. It's good for me to have some written record, apart from the blog, and in years past we can always read what we were doing, our activities, books, and things that made up our days.


9 opinion(s):

No Ordinary Me said...

Love this idea. What a exciting thing for your girls to come down stairs to.

I was just popping on here to make my outline for my younger one. I saw this post and had to read. Blogger calls me. :)

I had planned something similar for him throughout the week to help entertain him when I am teaching the older ones. I would put different things in mine but I love this idea you shared.

LOVE IT! I had thought about trying to incorporate the workbox things, but my gut isn't allowing me. I have prayed about it and I know it would be overwhleming for me. I know some claim that it is not but I know me and well that is all I have to say about that. :0)

This would serve a much better purpose for me. Thanks for sharing.

No Ordinary Me said...

By the way I love how you have your week set up.

Xhonane Olivas said...

this is great idea Sylvia!! I admire how organized you are! Thank you for sharing it!

Books For Breakfast said...

Oh, to be organized again. Once my little one gets a bit older and outgrows his dumping stage, I too may be able to keep art supplies, books, pencils, projects within a child's reach. Well, I already do put the good stuff at their level. I just have to grin and bear it (with as little teeth sucking as I can manage) when it all ends up on the floor. Your space looks beautiful. And soothing. Can I move in?

Silvia said...

Xhonane : thanks, it's only a few baskets and a schedule of things we already do to some extent, with the hopes to reflect, record, and maybe help me incorporate things I know we have but we don't always remember to utilize.

No Ordinary Me : I'm like you, I know the boxes will never work for me. These are 'my baskets', it's not exactly that system, it's more just a place where to put some things and think about the week. In your case, as you say, it could be a simple place to put things for your youngest while you teach the others, as you said.

Silvia said...

Books for Breakfast : you could move in anytime, and soon you'll have your space and it will look and be even better than mine (because it will be yours), for now, I admire the gentle and loving way you are raising your children, and the patience you have with your son...I remember not long ago my house had toys in every room...sigh...

No Ordinary Me said...

By the way I love how you have your week set up.

No Ordinary Me said...

Love this idea. What a exciting thing for your girls to come down stairs to.

I was just popping on here to make my outline for my younger one. I saw this post and had to read. Blogger calls me. :)

I had planned something similar for him throughout the week to help entertain him when I am teaching the older ones. I would put different things in mine but I love this idea you shared.

LOVE IT! I had thought about trying to incorporate the workbox things, but my gut isn't allowing me. I have prayed about it and I know it would be overwhleming for me. I know some claim that it is not but I know me and well that is all I have to say about that. :0)

This would serve a much better purpose for me. Thanks for sharing.

Silvia said...

Xhonane : thanks, it's only a few baskets and a schedule of things we already do to some extent, with the hopes to reflect, record, and maybe help me incorporate things I know we have but we don't always remember to utilize.

No Ordinary Me : I'm like you, I know the boxes will never work for me. These are 'my baskets', it's not exactly that system, it's more just a place where to put some things and think about the week. In your case, as you say, it could be a simple place to put things for your youngest while you teach the others, as you said.

 

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Amazon Affiliates

Search Engine

Search/Labels