How to read all COMMENTS you make and receive in any blog in one page

I wrote this blog about BLOGLINES and other readers, and one blogger, Nancy, from Sage Parnassus got her reader installed with FeedBurner, but I still couldn't subscribe to her comments. I can only do that if the blog has this widget you see to the left.

To install that button in blogger you'll go to the design page, choose add a widget, and look for the SUBSCRIPTION LINKS one as you see in the picture to your right.

Then once you sign up with bloglines, google reader, or another reader, you will be able to subscribe to the posts AND COMMENTS of your favorite blogs, and will be able to read them all in a page like this:
Thank you Nancy for doing as I harassed suggested you to do. Reading all comments in one page instead of hunting for them in different blogs and posts or having new comments and posts inundate my email is saving me a lot of time, and I want to help others to save theirs and stay connected.

Thanks for being patient with this blog freak I'm turning into!



5 opinion(s):

Pam said...

I was just going to ask you about that!

Pam said...

I got this blogger help (below), and did it all. Still can't find that silly "subscription links" gadget.

Comments can have several different issues come up. This thread addresses those times when a user has enabled comments in the blog settings but can't get the link to work properly. This thread does not address problems related to the different styles of comments and issue that they might cause.

Check to make sure the comments are turned on in all three places:
1. On the post options below the post editing window in the post editor
2. On the layout page, if you click on the edit link on the post box (the big one in the middle)
3. On the comments page in your blog settings.

Silvia said...

Pam, thanks so much for your specification. You are right. I´m talking about how to, once you have done what you mention in the layout page and set up your comments, and chose the settings in the settings, how you can read yours and others comments in a blog reader by subscribing to them. Yes, that´s the word, I´m trying to help others to SUBSCRIBE TO and make ready for subscribing to theirs and others comments.

As for you not finding the button...you already have it installed, that´s why you don´t see it! I was able to subscribe to your comments, YEA...thanks for your posts and the button, now I don´t have to dig for your comments, or Nancy, or Jeanne, or Heather...I hope more install this button.

Pam said...

Oh, great!

Silvia said...

Pam, thanks so much for your specification. You are right. I´m talking about how to, once you have done what you mention in the layout page and set up your comments, and chose the settings in the settings, how you can read yours and others comments in a blog reader by subscribing to them. Yes, that´s the word, I´m trying to help others to SUBSCRIBE TO and make ready for subscribing to theirs and others comments.

As for you not finding the button...you already have it installed, that´s why you don´t see it! I was able to subscribe to your comments, YEA...thanks for your posts and the button, now I don´t have to dig for your comments, or Nancy, or Jeanne, or Heather...I hope more install this button.

 

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Amazon Affiliates

Search Engine

Search/Labels