Spicing up our paint

I got this idea of painting with spices from BAJO EL DIENTE DE LEON
(thank you Pilar, for sharing with all of us your wonderful projects).

1. Pick different color spices. Ours were mixed spices,
cardamom, colorante alimentario (from Spain), cumin.
and ground tumeric, we also sprinkled the pictures with oregano.


2. Pour some in containers, and add bottle glue
(we used white Elmers), and water.
Mix till you get a nice paste.

3. Have fun. (The cinnamon in the all spice smelt nice)
We even sprinkled oregano for texture, :-)


13 opinion(s):

wonderinthewoods said...

Oooh, this looks great!! And so much better smelling than the molasses from yesterday and the vinegar and baking soda today. LOL

Silvia said...

woonderinthewoods, remember, you have 'boys', I have 'girls', ha ha ha ha...I'm joking, you'd love this if you do it, the pigments or paint comes out truly GREAT, and they are easy to clean. The Spanish colorant was the worse, made me think about not using it (I don't a lot), it was truly resilient, and didn't want to come off the skin very well.

Xhonane Olivas said...

great idea Silvia! My kids will love this idea! Blessings!

this blessed nest said...

thank you for your comment & telling me about that site. to be honest, there are a number of sites from other countries that have done the same as her & listed my crafts on their page. (among many other blogger's crafts) not sure there is anything i can do about it. i have found that the larger true craft blog where you submit a craft to be featured ~ many other bloggers from other countries take the ideas & do a post off of it. one of the main reasons why i stopped submitting posts. i'll do link parties (love them) with bloggers i know, but rarely will submit a post anymore.
some have even gone as far as posting about my twins' first bday party. this has always made me upset, but what can i do? especially when it comes to different language blog..??

thanks again, for you caring enough to bring this to my attention. i really appreciate your time & your heart for the situation.
hope you all have a lovely weekend.

great idea to "spice up the paint"

No Ordinary Me said...

I will have to put this on our things to try. Thanks for sharing.

Kim said...

How fun! Thanks for sharing, Silvia!

Ipe said...

¡Como se difunden las buenas ideas! Da gusto verla pintar tan ensimismada... yo, aunque ya estoy grande, cuando estoy de mal humor también pinto... me mejora el animo.

Cariños mil,

Silvia said...

Ipe: de verdad que que chulada tu avatar o foto de tu perfil. Sí, pintar relaja. Te puedes creer que estaba yo más emocionada que ellas sin quererme perder este día de pintura! he he he.
Besitos también para tí.

MESH said...

Hola Silvia muchas gracias por avisarme de la pagina en donde viste trabajos mios me pondre en contacto con ellos
graciass :)
ten bonito dia
MESH

MESH said...

Hola Silvia muchas gracias por avisarme de la pagina en donde viste trabajos mios me pondre en contacto con ellos
graciass :)
ten bonito dia
MESH

Ipe said...

¡Como se difunden las buenas ideas! Da gusto verla pintar tan ensimismada... yo, aunque ya estoy grande, cuando estoy de mal humor también pinto... me mejora el animo.

Cariños mil,

this blessed nest said...

thank you for your comment & telling me about that site. to be honest, there are a number of sites from other countries that have done the same as her & listed my crafts on their page. (among many other blogger's crafts) not sure there is anything i can do about it. i have found that the larger true craft blog where you submit a craft to be featured ~ many other bloggers from other countries take the ideas & do a post off of it. one of the main reasons why i stopped submitting posts. i'll do link parties (love them) with bloggers i know, but rarely will submit a post anymore.
some have even gone as far as posting about my twins' first bday party. this has always made me upset, but what can i do? especially when it comes to different language blog..??

thanks again, for you caring enough to bring this to my attention. i really appreciate your time & your heart for the situation.
hope you all have a lovely weekend.

great idea to "spice up the paint"

Silvia said...

woonderinthewoods, remember, you have 'boys', I have 'girls', ha ha ha ha...I'm joking, you'd love this if you do it, the pigments or paint comes out truly GREAT, and they are easy to clean. The Spanish colorant was the worse, made me think about not using it (I don't a lot), it was truly resilient, and didn't want to come off the skin very well.

 

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Amazon Affiliates

Search Engine

Search/Labels