Too much information too little wisdom


Am I the only one who believes that WE, parents of today, have too much information and too little wisdom? I'm guilty of spending hours and pages writing about my children, debating, researching, asking and answering one trillion questions and topics about them, how to make them do this, how to have them learn that, how to...I think the problem is the question is the wrong question, and the importance we give to things is not realistic.

While there are crucial aspects in raising children, all the accessory stuff are like the branches of a tree that doesn't let us see the forest.

We spend lots of time preparing birthday parties, parties of all kind, activities, trips, rewards, punishment, charts, stickers, systems, looking for curriculum, reading blogs, websites, articles, books, but, ... are we taking our time to be quiet, silent from the network rumblings, showing offs, advice, information, co ops, groups, emails, lists, and just doing our best to establish a relationship with them and truly raising them according to His Word?

I'm the first one guilty of not doing my best, yet at the same time I'm not going to beat myself up neither am I to brag about what we may do well. I'll just simply leave you with this thought: WE ARE TRYING, PRAYING, AND TRUSTING IN HIM to raise them in godly wisdom, and not just worldly knowledge.

2 opinion(s):

Amy in Peru said...

amen. sometimes it is easier to talk about living life than to really live it well.

amy in peru

Amy in Peru said...

amen. sometimes it is easier to talk about living life than to really live it well.

amy in peru

 

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Amazon Affiliates

Search Engine

Search/Labels